Make the most of your room - on the cheap!

I am a complete slob. This isn't a joke. My room was a messy messy messy mess, basically. My room is preetty huge and it's not an exageration, so my excuse for it being a mess is that it's just too big to keep clean!

I like having a smart looking room but i also want a personal unique touch to it. I thought i'd blog about it just cause, well.. i was pretty proud of the result (nothing wrong with abit of gloating here and there, heh)



Be thankful I'm letting you show my slobbiness, I'm not just happy to show anyone ;) haha but no.. i really am messy! So when tidying my room, i thought i would blog about ..


Top 10 tips for a clean & unique room ♥

1. Make sure your vanity is neat.

Try and keep as much things off the main area as possible. Keep perfumes on show and have a bag full of makeup and your most used electronical devise (straightener, curler, hairdryer) or even just a brush. Keep it minimal otherwise it will just get cluttered up! If you have more than a bagful of makeup, there are neat storage options to store them available from office shops such as staples and W H SMITH. The basket featuring my lotions and such was £1 from a carboot and is PERFECT! I love how pretty they all look! ^-^



2. Paint something on your wall.

I painted these butterflies a year ago and it's just really nice to know I did it! Make a stencil by printing off the picture and cutting it out, simple really! I also penciled the outline and painted rather than actually using the stencil straight on as it was easier for me like that.



3. If possible, have a seating area

Okay so most people either a) can't fit a whole sofa in their room or b)it's expensive. It was both for me really, until my cousin was going to send it to the dump! I took it off her hands for free and took A WHOLE DAY trying to get it up my narrow attic stairs. We did it finally but it took so much effort and i doubt we'll be able to get it down again. Haha! Try and use anything for seating such as bean bags or on the top of storage.
The pictures that are situated above my sofa are printoffs of my favourite secrets off postsecret. Please check it out, it's and amazing website!


4. Have a cheap tv and videos.

This tv is off my aunt and doesn't have freeview. Oh, awesome. Well from a carboot i got all these videos for 50p altogether. Having a cheap tv and using videos rather than dvds is such a cheap option! I also have a ps2 up there, i'm a total playstation addict!



5. Store your things prettily

Ahh! I love doing things like this! I keep my hair stuffs like curlers and hair dryers in my MACY's bag & my hair products such as heat defence and straightening serum in a cute little ARC bag. I store my bags in a nice basket, really messily, but i think having them on display is better than hiding them away. Plus its so much easier to have access to!



6. Clothing storage?

Ahh my rails. I have more clothes than necessary and this isn't enough storage so my not so nice clothes are at my mums for now. The first BEAUTIFUL stairway rail has my clothes on and the rail behind it has my clothes for etsy with measurements on and such. I also have a full length mirror (full length for my smallness anywho!) obviously, so its on hand to try clothes on and check if they look good and what not :)



7. It's okay to have a messy shelf.

If my room was completely tidy i wouldn't feel at 'home' my messy shelf is great to shove things on and to be honest i couldn't care less. It's near my computer and my computer is where i spend 99.9% of my time in my room, i need somewhere to just, mess up!
Yes, lets all lol at that empty bottle of coke. I cleared it away afterwards don't worry haha!



8. Have your shoes on show (and improvise!)

Ahh my shoes. Having them on show is something i love because i LOVE my shoes! And it's easier to find them! Well the shoe rack was £15 from some place (I'm sorry, I'll ask my dad ASAP!) and I have one seperate for my heels aswell. Improvise where to put things! i store my necklaces on this wood that surrounds my stairs. They don't get tangled and they're near my shoes, so I will be reminded to add accessories to my clothes whilst choosing a pair of shoes to wear!



9. Show off your favourite clothes.

Always always always have a mannequin! Having an outfit you love or even having it to sort out what you want to wear the next day, I would say it's preeetty essential in a girls room! I also use this to style my ebay and etsy clothes! Whats that stunning dress on the mannequin you ask.. my prom dress of course ;)



10. GET CREATIVE!

The wall where the roses are is wooden, going up from my stairs. If any of you watch hollyoaks (I don't watch it anymore though haha) they will have seen that the students house has a hallway with hanging plastic flowers, it got my creative juices flowing! I use the same flowers that are on my table in a previous pictures, i got 4 bunches for £4 from the £1 shop. I cut them into individual flowers and stapled them to the wood. Ask your parents first for doing anything like this though! I LOOOOVEEE the result and it's so unique! But feel free to do the same, it's an amazing effect, everyone comments about it! If you don't have a wooden wall, use blue tack or cellotape to stick them on.

Hope you've enjoyed this blog post and I hope I have inspired you to do your room up on the cheap (or not) and yeah, tell me how you've done! I'd love to hear it! People in the UK have been getting their results for A levels, AS levels and GCSE's & will be next week. Have you guys got your results back? If not, good luck and if you have, congrats!! :):)

love love love love <3
P.S. If you don't have an account on blogspot but wanna leave a comment, we now have a comment box! :) >>>>

0 comments:

Post a Comment